Well? Where did you go?
Did you go to the Mall or the Manger?
How was your family’s Christmas Celebration?
- A carpet of dried needles?
- Mounds of clutter?
- Piles of trash?
- Stacks of bills?
- A house stuffed with stuff?
- With a nagging emptiness, of a soul unfed, a spirit neglected, a heart missing a piece of ________? Of what?
Or was it:
- Meaningful? Knowing the foundation of our salvation was born as a human, like us.
- Reverent? Knowing the Son of God came to be with us – Immanuel.
- Peaceful? Knowing the center of any storm is our Rock, our Redeemer.
- Joyful? Knowing the utter incandescence of the jubilation of Earth and Heaven, unbounded, unrestrained.
What do you want Christmas to be like next year?
- Evaluate: What traditions, activities do you want to keep; or get rid of?
- Values: What values do you want to reinforce and emphasize next year?
- Vision: How can you focus more on the reason for the season next year?
- Mission: What can you do to begin planning now for more meaning/ reverence/ peace/ joy next year?
It’s ok to doubt, if you check it out!
Be a Berean!
10The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so. Acts 17:10, 11 ESV
Please join me in this journey of discovery.
- Share this blog with others, whether they are doubting, or not.
- Take what I say and CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF!